Pittsburgh recently made the MTV list of best city getaways. The article shares just some of the reasons we love our city. Since moving our HQ to the North Side, we’re now in the middle of the action and close to great art at the Warhol, amazing skyline views and architecture, trails along the river and the energy of redeveloped Nova Place, not to mention the Pirates and Steelers! Great views of the skyline surround us and show the beauty of Pittsburgh that we know and get to appreciate every day. Pittsburgh is a part of who we are as a design firm. We even incorporated that into our logo to reflect our connection to the city’s three rivers.
Architecture, food and sports are just some of a few reasons that Pittsburgh rocks. Others think so too. Check out just some of the top lists and publications where Pittsburgh tops the list!
Architecture & culture
- Travel + Leisure says Pittsburgh is one of the best cities for architecture.
- Smart Asset says Pittsburgh is the 4th best city for foodies, noting “Pittsburgh is climbing the culinary charts”.
- According to Shermans Travel, Pittsburgh was included on the list of the top 10 budget destinations of 2017 because of the affordable hotels and the lists of evolving restaurants and bars. They could not leave out that Uber used Pittsburgh as a pilot city for their self-driving cars.
- Travel + Leisure, along with Niche, says that St. Patrick’s Day is best celebrated in Pittsburgh, given that 14% of the population is Irish.
An awesome place to live
- Pittsburgh is ranked 20th out of 100 of the 2017 Top 100 Best Places to Live by livability.com.
- According to a WalletHub Study, Pittsburgh is 2017’s 10th best metro area for STEM professionals.
- Pittsburgh ranks 3rd among CNBC’s top 15 cities in America where you can live like royalty on a $60,000 salary.
- Business Insider looked at 13 US cities where young people are buying the most homes, and Pittsburgh was number one on the list.
- Patch.com ranked Pittsburgh 1st on a list of Top 10 Cities Where Downtown is Making a Comeback because it is now a place where people work, stay, dine, and hang out.
- RewardExpert named Pittsburgh a top 10 kid-friendly city to visit in 2017.
- In RewardExpert’s ranking of the Best Cities to Travel with Pets in 2017, Pittsburgh was ranked 6th out of 53 evaluated cities.
- Pittsburgh was named the Best City for Taking a Hike, according to RewardExpert, given that there are 18 hiking trails per hundred thousand residents.
- According to SmartAsset, Pittsburgh comes in as the 7th best city for runners, partly due to its walkability.
- WalletHub looked for the best and worst cities for an active lifestyle in 2017 and Pittsburgh ranked as the 7th overall best city for an active lifestyle.
- WalletHub analyzed 244 U.S. cities and found that Pittsburgh is 2017’s 2nd Best City for Football Fans.